2011 Offshore Technology Conference Highlights
The OTC 2011 individual Distinguished Achievement Awards will be presented to Cortis (Cort) Cooper, a metocean (meteorology and oceanographic) specialist in Chevron's Energy Technology Company and a Chevron Fellow. Cooper is being honored for his contributions in metocean research and his leadership of joint industry efforts to address oceanographic challenges. His work includes research that identified a link between hurricane severity and the Loop Current, investigated the causes for recent severe hurricanes, possible impacts of global warming on hurricane severity, and provided a post-assessment of metocean conditions during Hurricane Ivan.
OTC’s Distiguished Achievement Award for Companies, Organization and Institutions recognizes BP Norway for the Life of Field seismic reservoir surveillance project, which demonstrated the practicality of implementing an entirely new way of seismic surveillance of producing hydrocarbon reservoirs. The project’s permanent installation of seismic cables covering 45 sq-km of the Valhall field allows for cost-effective repeat seismic surveys, and the system provides 4D data with unique repeatability compared to standard streamer data.
Also this year, ExxonMobil Development Company is being recognized with a special citation for the development and implementation of the “Design One, Build Multiple” philosophy to deliver major deepwater projects in Angola’s Block 15.
The awards will be presented at the signature dinner event at the George R. Brown Convention Center May 1.
New Technology Awards
Each year, OTC recognizes innovative technologies with the Spotlight on New Technology Award. This awards program is exclusively for OTC exhibitors and is designed to showcase the latest and most advanced technologies that are leading the industry into the future.
Spotlight recipients and products for 2011 are:
• Baker Hughes - Kymera™ Hybrid Bit Technology;
• Baker Hughes - geoFORM™ conformable sand management system with Morphic™ technology;
• Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd. - Canrig SureGrip™ Ball-and-Pocket Gripping Technology;
• Halliburton - CleanWave™ Water Treatment Service;
• MyCelx Technologies Corp - MyCelx Clean Water Technology System;
• National Oilwell Varco - ShearMax™ Low Force Casing Shear Rams;
• PG Pump Solutions and Techni - PG-MAPS®;
• REELWELL AS - Reelwell - Multi Gradient System;
• SBM OFFSHORE NV - High Voltage Electric AC Swivel;
• SBM OFFSHORE NV - COOL® HOSE;
• Schilling Robotics, LLC - Heavy-Duty ROV;
• Schlumberger - Dielectric Scanner® Multifrequency Dielectric Dispersion Service;
• Schlumberger - SonicScope® Multipole Sonic-While-Drilling Service;
• Twin Filter BV. - Dynamic Centrifugal Coalescer; and
• Weatherford International Ltd. - Deepwater Closed-Loop Drilling System.
Breakfasts And Luncheons
Topical breakfasts and luncheons are offered throughout the event. Organized by OTC and the U.S. Department of Commerce, these events offer expert views on doing business in emerging areas of interest for the oil and gas industry such as Mexico, Saudi Arabia and Russia. Topical breakfast tickets are $40 each and luncheon tickets are $50 each.
OTC Attendees may register on-site and online. For information, visit, www.otcnet.org.
- Coatings, pipe joint
- Compressor components
- Contractor, pipeline
- Contractor, river crossing/ directional drilling
- Directional drilling rigs, large
- Fittings, valves: plastic
- Meters, flow
- Pigs, cleaning
- Pigs, intelligent
- Pigs, scraper/ sphere launchers/ traps
- Scada systems
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Vacuum excavators/ potholing
- Valves, ball
- Welding systems, automatic